Purchasing & Production Assistant
The Purchasing & Production Assistant establishes and maintains organizational functions for the Purchasing Department, while providing clerical support to Production Control and Purchasing Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Process purchase orders in the system from direction given by Purchasing Manager.
- Monitor purchase orders (both single and blanket) over time to ensure vendor compliance with delivery commitments.
- Research and quote products to ensure best value.
- Maintain paperwork flow with the forwarding company for importing of product.
- Support and assist Production Control and Purchasing Manager.
- Input and data entry of daily job tickets.
- Release and print work orders.
- Data entry of velocity metrics.
- Match packing lists and invoices.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Answer multi-line phone system.
- Properly direct visitors to the correct place.
- Support departmental goals.
- Maintain the office equipment (stock copier with paper, clear jams, add postage to stamp machine).
- Thrive in a continuous improvement environment.
- 2-3 years Clerical experience preferred.
- Be able to file numerically and alphabetically.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college or business school coursework preferred.
- Multi-line phone system experience preferred.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Comfortable speaking with and reaching out to vendors.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Good with time management, organization and attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The ability to push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to see details at close and far range.
- The ability to frequently keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Frequently requires repetitive bending, kneeling, pushing, stooping, twisting, reaching, lifting, sitting, and walking.
- The ability to consistently perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
We're always looking for quality forgers. Fill out the form below to send us your Employment Application.